Saturday 7 November 2009

Rihanna '20 20' full interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer



Rihanna '20 20' full interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer is available on the web
(AP Photo/ABC, Ida Mae Astute)

Rihanna's full "20/20" interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer is available on the web today. In Part I, pop singer Rihanna talks about the genesis of her dream to become a pop star while growing up in Barbados. In Part II, she talks about dealing with the media frenzy and confused feelings she had after the violent incident she went through with her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown.

"I just had a dream. I had an idea," Rihanna says as the interview opens. "I knew what I wanted to do, and this is what I was going to do. All I wanted to do was make music internationally. In Barbados, it's an unrealistic goal."

When Ms. Sawyer asks her if it's true that she used to stand in front of the mirror holding a hairbrush as a microphone singing "A Whole New World" from the Disney movie Aladdin, she nods and adds "that, and the Little Mermaid song." She smiles, saying she thinks every little girl does that at one time or another.

In Part II, Rihanna explains what helped finally make her decision about her personal relationship with Mr. Brown. "When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result into some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for telling them, 'go back.'"

See Rihanna's full interview with Diane Sawyer on the web. The interview was just posted Saturday morning after it aired on television on ABC's program 20/20 Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader